From: Brian Stell <bstell@netscape.com>
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.i18n
To: mozilla-i18n@mozilla.org <mozilla-i18n@mozilla.org>
Date: 1 декабря 2000 г. 4:53
Subject: locale codeset: nl_langinfo(CODESET)

I'm looking for volunteers to run a script that collects the
nl_langinfo(CODESET) values from a variety of Unix systems.

The script compiles two executables and runs a perl script to:
  determine the glibc version
  get the nl_langinfo(CODESET) info

So, would you please gunzip/un-tar the attachment and run the doit.sh
script on as many Unix systems as convenient and then send me the result
files (locale_codesets.*.out)?

Please feel free to inspect the code.

Thanks

Background
=========
Currently Mozilla has a look up table that maps locale name to encoding.
The number of locale names is increasing and the lookup table is
becoming messy.

To make things simpler and more robust we are looking to use
nl_langinfo(CODESET) instead of locale name.

Rather than just change the code and then fix the bustage I'm trying to
collect the info ahead of time.

Brian Stell

nl_langinfo_codeset_2000.11.27.14.13.tar.gz