[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[locale] Fw: gettext-0.10.36 is released
Поддерживает автоматическую перекодировку charset-ов
например для ru_RU.KOI8-R .vs. ru_RU.CP1251 .
From: Bruno Haible <email@example.com>
To: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com>
Subject: gettext-0.10.36 is released
It is at ftp.gnu.org and mirrors in gnu/gettext/gettext-0.10.36.tar.gz
Changes since version 0.10.35
(by Ulrich Drepper, Bruno Haible, Francois Pinard):
* General plural handling. New functions ngettext, dngettext, dcngettext.
* Locales which differ only in the character encoding, for example ja_JP and
ja_JP.UTF-8, can now share the same message catalogs. gettext converts
the messages to the appropriate character encoding on the fly.
* The tools now correctly process PO files in CJK encodings.
* Support for non-GNU gettext has been dropped. Previously, on Solaris, the
system's gettext was used (unless --with-included-gettext was specified),
which led to problems with PO files that were not 100% translated.
* Support for the catgets wrapper has been dropped. This means that gettext
now always supports the LANGUAGE environment variable, message inheritance,
automatic charset conversion etc.
* Support for the old Linux specific .msg catalog format has been dropped.
* When the included GNU libintl is installed (i.e. on GNU platforms, when
the configure option --with-included-gettext is given, or on non-GNU
platforms, when the configure option --disable-nls is not given), it is
also installed as a shared library, unless the configure option
--disable-shared is given.
* PO mode changes:
** PO mode does not use recursive edit anymore, many edits may be worked on
simultaneously in a single PO file.
** PO mode may handle many translation files at once while correlating related
entries, for helping multilingual or cultured translators.
** On recent Emacses, PO mode automatically use proper fonts when available.
** PO mode supports marking of C++ sources.
** highlights original message while editing the translation
** PO mode has commands to mail messages to teams or to the translation
coordinator, with automatic inclusion of the current PO file.
Linux-UTF8: i18n of Linux on all levels